Gareth Kavanagh joins Christian Cawley for this week’s podKast, discussing everything from Mission DALEK to the differences between MP3 and FLAC. But on the way, they stop off and spend some time chatting about the current state of the omnirumour, the rather optimistic collection of rumours concerning the discovery (or otherwise) of some (or all) of Doctor Who‘s missing episodes.
Watch out also for a brief chat about the Doctor Who Series 9 revelations, the Dad’s Army trailer and the Lethbridge-Stewart series’ revised schedule.
Kasterborous PodKast Series 5 Episode 28 Shownotes
- Mission DALEK
- Dad’s Army movie trailer
- Doctor Who on Blu-ray
- MP3 vs FLAC explained
- Lethbridge-Stewart series revised schedule, The Forgotten Son review
- Fan FiKtion “Tales from the Red Planet“
- Russian Life on Mars clip from YouTube: Dark Side of the Moon
- New Doctor Who Series 9 details
- Colin Brockhurst’s “Changing Face of Doctor Who“
- Doctor Who Comic
- Recommendations: Prison Break, Game Over, Revelation of the Daleks, Death in Paradise Series 1, Merlin Series 1
(Apologies for some unusual audio interruptions towards the end of this week’s podKast.)
The podKast theme tune is by Russell Hugo. It’s good, isn’t it?
Listen to the PodKast
There are several ways to listen. In addition to the usual player above, we’re pleased to announce that you can also stream the podKast using Stitcher, an award-winning, free mobile app available for Android and iPhone/iPad. This pretty much means that you can listen to us anywhere without downloading – pretty neat, we think you’ll agree! (Note that it can take a few hours after a new podKast is published to “catch up”.)
What’s more, you can now listen and subscribe to the podKast via our Audioboom channel (formerly Audioboo)! Head to https://audioboom.com/channel/doctorwhopodkast and click play to start listening. You can also comment and record your own boos in response to our discussions! Meanwhile you can use the player below to listen through Audioboom:
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? As well as our new Stitcher and Audioboo presence you can also use one of these amazingly convenient ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast.
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes, where your reviews will help the show considerably.